OneNote is my favorite software for taking notes, I use it everyday for taking & organizing notes, sometimes sharing them to friends/colleagues.
Unfortunately https://www.onenote.com/ is blocked at my office. I can still use the desktop version but I can’t synchronize my notebooks and I’m not able to share them.
So, I’ve found an alternative which won’t be blocked: Google Drive with Google Slides
How to have (almost) the same tree structure
|Page||Google Slides document|
- Blocks: You can create a piece of text and put it wherever you want in your slide
- Formatting: highlight text, change font size/color, …
- Structuring: tables, bullets lists, checklists, …
- Drawings: from simple shapes to complex diagrams (really easy to use!)
- Search: Google is known for its search engine, isn’t it? 🙂
Message in a bottle (let’s hope that Google will find it)
Only a couple of features are required to make Google Slides a great OneNote alternative. (try to imagine OneNote coupled with Google Docs live collaboration)
I don’t know why they don’t fork Google Slides to create Google Notes, it would be awesome. (I know Google Keep exists, but it lacks of a lot of features I need)